Liquid Acid Protease AP-050
Halal & Kosher Certified
- Acid Protease AP-050 is produced from selected strains of Aspergillus niger through submerged fermentation, extraction and refining processes.
It can catalyze hydrolysis of plant and animal proteins under
acidic conditions. AP-050 has found its wide application in food
industry, including alcohol, fermentation, brewery, beer and wine
production. It is also suitable for animal feed and leather
|Declared Enzyme:||Acid Protease|
|Systematic Name:||EC 188.8.131.52|
|Activity:||50,000 U/ml (minimum)|
|Appearance:||Light to dark brown liquid|
Effect of pH:
- The effective pH range for AP-050 is 2.0∼6.0. Its optimum pH range
is 2.5∼3.5. See Figure 1.
Effect of Temperature:
- AP-050 can work at 30°C∼65°C (86∼149oF), with an optimum temperature range 40oC∼50°C (104oF ∼122oF).
- The exact temperature optimum depends on actual processing time,
pH, substrate nature and concentration. See Figure 2.
Effect of Metal Ions
AP-050 is activated by Mn2+, Ca2+ and Mg2+ ions whilst inhibited by heavy metal ions such as Cu2+, Hg2+ and Al3+.
Applications and Benefits
- Use of AP-050 in alcohol production from starch materials can speed
up the fermentation and uplift yields of alcohol.
- Use of AP-050 in food industry can help to increase amino acid
content of food, thus improve flavors and qualities of bread,
cookies, cakes and sausages.
- Use of AP-050 in beer production can decrease the diacetyl content,
thus shorten the brewing time.
- Use of AP-050 can convert proteins contained in the feedstuff into
peptides, hence facilitates the digestion and absorption of protein
- AP-050 can be used to soften leather, enable easy dyeing, full
hand-feel, improve leather and fur luster.
- AP-050 is available in 25kg or 30kg HDPE drums and 1125kg IBC
totes. Customized packaging is available upon request.
- AP-050 has been specially formulated for optimal stability.
- Typical shelf-life is six months if this product is stored at 0∼
10°C in its original packaging, sealed and unopened, protected from
the sunlight. Prolonged storage and/or adverse conditions such as
higher temperatures may lead to a higher dosage requirement, thus
should be avoided.
Safe Handling of Enzymes:
- Inhalation of enzyme dust and mists should be avoided. Proteins
present in AP-050 may cause allergic reaction in sensitized
individuals which could necessitate immediate medical attention.
- In case of contact with skin or eyes, promptly rinse with water for
at least 15 minutes.
- For detailed handling information, please refer to the Material
Safety Data Sheet.