Acid Protease AP-100L
An acidic protease ideal for leather processing,
capable to destroy the scales on the surface of wool fibers,
prevent wool from felting and enable easy dyeing.
- Acid Protease AP-100L is produced from Aspergillus niger through
submerged fermentation and extraction and refining technique. It
can catalyze protein hydrolysis under acidic condition (pH 2.5～4.0)
thus is applicable to hydrolyze plant and animal proteins under
acidic conditions, such as proteolysis of animal and plant.
- AP-100L is suitable for the production of leather.
|Declared Enzyme:||Acid Protease|
|Systemic Name:||EC 220.127.116.11|
|Activity:||100,000 U/ml (minimum)|
|Appearance:||Black Brown Liquid|
|Specific gravity:||1.15~1.25 g/ml|
EFFECT OF PH
- AP-100L is stable with pH from 2.5 to 4.0. It will be inactivated
quickly at pH below 2.5 or above 4.0. The optimal pH is 3.0 at the
temperature of 40°C.
EFFECT OF TEMPERATURE
- Effective temperature is from 30 to 50ºC at pH around 3.0; Optimal
temperature is 40ºC. It is stable below 40ºC, unstable above 50ºC
and inactivated quickly above 60ºC.
EFFECT OF METAL IONS ON ENZYME ACTIVITY
- The enzyme activity is activated by Mn2+, Ca2+ and Mg2+, and
inhibited by Cu2+, Hg2+ and Al3+.
- In the process of wool deweighting, acid protease can destroy the
scales on the surface of wool fibers, prevent wool from felting and
enable easy dyeing on the wool.
- The recommended optimum conditions for initial trial with small
dosage rate is: 0.6-2.0% (owf), pH 3.0~3.5, temperature 40 ~ 50℃,
bath ration 1: 20~40, treatment for 60~ 90 minutes, deweigthing
rate can reach 1~4%.
- AP-100L is packaged in 25kg or 30kg HDPE plastic drums. Customized
packaging is also available upon request.
- This enzyme has been formulated for optimal stability. Typical
shelf-life is six months provided being stored below 25°C in its
original packaging, sealed and unopened, protected from the
sunlight. Its shelf-life will be eighteen months if this product is
stored properly at 0～10°C. Prolonged storage and/or adverse
conditions such as higher temperatures may lead to a higher dosage
SAFETY & ENZYME HANDLING
- Inhalation of enzyme dust and mists should be avoided.
- In case of contact with the skin or eyes, promptly rinse with water
for at least 15 minutes.
- For detailed handling information, please refer to the appropriate
Material Safety Data Sheet.