Acid Protease AP-520
Cost-effective, Promote yeast growth, Enhance fermentation, Enable
higher alcohol yields
- Acid Protease AP-520 is a food grade acid protease enzyme produced
from Aspergillus niger using submerged fermentation, extraction, and refining techniques.
AP-520 can effectively hydrolyze proteins under acidic conditions.
- AP-520 can be used in the production of potable alcohol, food and
beverage where protein hydrolysis is needed under low pH
|Declared Enzyme:||Acid Protease|
|EC No.:||EC 18.104.22.168|
100,000 U/ml (minimum)
|Appearance:||Light brown Liquid|
|Product pH||3.5 to 6.0|
|Specific gravity||1.15 to 1.25 g/ml|
EFFECT OF pH
- The effective pH range for the activity of AP-520 is approximately
2.0 to 6.0, with an optimum performance at pH 2.5 to 4.0.
EFFECT OF TEMPERATURE
- The activity of AP-520 is effective in the range from 30°C to 65°C,
with an optimum performance obtained at 30°C to 50°C.
- The exact temperature optimum will be influenced by several process
variables including time, pH, and substrate nature andsubstrate
EFFECT OF METAL IONS
- AP-520 is activated by Mn2+, Ca2+ and Mg2+ ions. Heavy metal ions
such as Cu2+, Hg2+ and Al3+ will inhibitthe enzyme activity of
- In intermittent fermentations, the entire dose of AP-520 should be
added all at once after the fermentation tank is filled
approximately 30%. In continuous fermentations,
- AP-520 should be added continually, with the dosage rate dependent
on the amount of mash fed at the inlet of the fermentation tank.
- The typical dosage rate for AP-520 is 0.01% to 0.02% w/w (dry
solids basis) and this dosage level is recommended as a starting
point for optimizing the enzyme dosage.
- The optimum enzyme dosage will be dependent on both the raw
materials used (substrate nature and concentration) and the
|Package:||25kg, 30kg plastic drums or 1125kg IBC totes|
|Shelf-life and Storage:|
Typical shelf-life is six months if it is stored below 25°C in its
original packaging, sealed and unopened, protected from the
Its shelf-life will be eighteen-months if this product is being
store properly at 0∼10°C.
Prolonged storage and/or adverse conditions such as higher
temperatures may lead to a higher dosage requirement, thus should